LITIGATION LEGAL SECRETARY
Active, growing trust and probate litigation practice with offices in Solana Beach and Pacific Beach seeks an experienced legal secretary with at least three years of recent work experience in a law firm. Civil litigation experience preferred. We seek a long-term addition to our team to be an important role in our continued growth.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities required
- Minimum of 3 years of recent experience as a legal secretary in a litigation firm.
- Solid understanding litigation issues, legal terminology, and legal processes.
- Familiar with state court rules, local rules, e-filing, and court procedures.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Adobe in a Mac environment.
- Excellent organizational skills are critical. The right candidate must have the ability to efficiently organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under strict time constraints, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong research, analytical, and critical-thinking skills, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate with diverse attorneys, staff, and clients. Must possess the ability to provide information with courtesy and tact while safeguarding confidentiality.
- Excellent grammar, proofreading, and English composition skills are also essential.
- Must be enthusiastic, articulate, a quick-study, friendly, dependable, punctual, a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- 60+ WPM.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Create and organize electronic files
- Create and organize paper client files
- Scan in and properly organize and name file documents
- Manage and maintain office calendar
- Calendar hearings, depositions, appointments, and mediations
- Process incoming mail and mail outgoing correspondence
- Draft and format, edit and proofread documents with attention to detail.
- Prepare and serve subpoenas; arrange for court reporters/video technicians.
- Preparation and submission of new client and/or new matter forms.
- Assist in law and motion practice, including preparation of notices, declarations, discovery responses, and trial notebook preparations.
- Prepare correspondence.
- Communicate with clients as needed.
- File organization and maintenance within Firm standards. Prepare files for storage or return to client.
Our very busy, growing office has a friendly, collaborative work environment. The right addition to our team will be a skilled multi-tasker with a great attention to detail. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow with us.
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, writing sample, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The File Clerk will initially be part-time, based in our Solana Beach location, supporting our current staff of four attorneys. This position has an opportunity to become full-time.
We seek an organized part-time File Clerk to perform file management and maintenance. The File Clerk will organize paperwork according to an existing efficient filing system and digitalize all important documents. The File Clerk must be organized and possess a serious understanding of confidentiality and data protection. The ideal candidate will be skilled in computers and detail-oriented.
The primary goal of the File Clerk is to preserve the company’s records and manage paperwork effectively.
- Process incoming documents (correspondence, invoices etc.), scan, and categorize before distributing
- Maintain electronic filing system
- Maintain current client files, archive files, and assist in establishing new client files
- Retrieve files for attorneys, track file locations
- Assist in organizing case indexes, preparation of files for court
- Assist staff with executing hearing notices, other process service requirements
- Follow policies and confidentiality dictations to safeguard data and information
- Monitor and replenish inventory of office supplies
- Experience as file clerk preferred but not required
- Knowledge of filing systems
- Very good knowledge of MS Office and office equipment such as photocopier, scanner etc.
- Good command of English both oral and written
- Dependable with a respect to confidentiality and policies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
- High school degree or equivalent
Interested candidates should send their resume and list of references to email@example.com.